When you protect your home in Parsons, KS by purchasing an insurance policy, you know you are doing the right thing by protecting your largest investment. If you got your policy through Clemens Insurance Agency, the agents should have explained the importance of making an inventory of all your valuables so that in the case of a catastrophic event, such as fire or burglary, you would have a list of your valuables ready for the claim. Most people don’t think about this as something that is important until the time is too late.
To file a claim, you will need to provide your insurance company with an inventory of all the property you have lost. If you do not have one already, you will need to create one.
If the major loss occurred because of a fire, you might need to revisit the house even if it was a total loss. You can take photographs of all the damage, and draw a diagram of the home so you can note for yourself where the items were. By going one room at a time, you will find it easier to recreate how your items were arranged throughout the house.
If you have receipts, it is helpful to provide them so that you can prove the value. You can also go to a store, like the one where you purchased your belongings, and list the prices. Places like Target are helpful because they will let you scan items in for a registry.
If you suffered a loss in Parsons, KS and didn’t make an inventory, you can still do it. If you want to talk about coverage or need help protecting an inventory, please call Clemens Insurance Agency today.
When you get a home insurance policy in Parsons, KS, you don’t just insure your home but also its components. From your personal property to medical bills for you and your guests who are injured at your home, Clemens Insurance Agency helps you cover the following:
- Your house: The whole building and any attached structures, like the garage.
- Personal property: This coverage helps in replacing destroyed furniture and other personal items that might be destroyed or stolen.
- Living expenses: If for instance, you cannot stay in a house after a fire because of damages, your homeowner’s insurance will help you pay for basic expenses and accommodations.
- Detached structures: All structures around your home are covered in the structures coverage policy. This includes the shed and fence.
- Guests: When a guest or neighbor is accidentally injured at your home, your guest medical protection policy will pay for the medical bills incurred.
- You and the family: If you or your pet happens to injure someone or damages someone’s property, liability coverage will pay for medical bills or any related repair costs.
There are more additional benefits that come with home insurance. Below are some of the other hidden and unknown benefits that may be covered by home insurance policy:
- Student property on campus under parent’s insurance.
- Spoiled food due to lack of power or due to natural disasters.
- Home business.
- Damaged tombstones or grave markers.
- Legal cost fees that you may incur if sued for anything relating to your home.
- Stolen car, including items inside it.
- Personal possessions lost during camping trips.
In need of Home Insurance? Get a quote from Clemens Insurance Agency in Parsons, KS or visit our office for more information regarding home insurance.
Home insurance is a great investment to protect your home in the event of a disaster. Although, you should have realistic expectations that there are certain aspects of your home or property that are not protected. You should read your policy and understand what is or is not covered under it. You should also be diligent enough to learn Kansas’s home insurance laws to know your rights. To get competitively priced home insurance in Parsons, KS, Clemens Insurance Agency may have what you need.
Clogged Sewer Lines
Sewer lines can be problematic as they get older, which is the case in many homes in the United States. Pipelines can also get clogged by tree roots, sewage, and excess rainwater. Sewer backups can be more troublesome than a clogged toilet. It can sometimes back up water into the house and damage floors, walls, and its electrical system. Additional coverage will be required for most insurance policies.
Sinkholes are not particularly rampant in the area, but they will absolutely devastate a home when they do occur. These are basically gaps in the earth that happen after the rock is dissolved and will suddenly collapse. Insurance policies in Kansas will not cover damage from these disasters.
Since so many homes in the country are made with wood, termites can be a major problem. As these little pests eat away at your walls and support beams, your home will eventually degrade and possibly collapse. The unfortunate part is that most home insurance policies will not cover this.
Now that you understand that you are not completely invincible with a home insurance policy, you can shop around with realistic expectations. You should always be responsible for taking care of certain parts of the property that are not covered so that you will not have to be a victim of a disaster. To check out a policy that fits your needs in Parsons, KS, be sure to reach out to the agents at Clemens Insurance Agency.